The Whites Writing Whiteness project, based at the University of Edinburgh, operates a mailing list and also uses Google analytics to track use of its research website.
Membership of the WWW mailing list is on request or by self-joining. Members can opt out through using the unsubscribe function on the mail list. We store no personal information other than email addresses, and no information is ever provided to third parties. We use the mailing list to:
- Keep members up to date with news and information regarding developments in the area of scholarship on letters and other personal writings
- Contact list members about occasional events that are organised on these topics at the University of Edinburgh
- Provide members with any information that is requested by them
Google Analytics is used to track use of particular pages on the WWW website. It collects information on how many visitors from what parts of the world visit pages and the length of time involved. No personal information is collected. This information is used to:
- Enhance existing provision
- Develop new parts of the website of interest to users as signalled by use of particular areas of the website or specific pages
- Reformulate parts of the website that are less used to make them more user-friendly
The information collected about use is summarised in six monthly reports which are made available in The Hub section of the website.
Last updated: 28 May 2018