How to decide on a good research topic? How to get to grips with a lot of letters or other documents? How should a specific letter be analysed? How is the interpretation of meaning done? How to write about it? These and related ‘how to…’ questions are explored here, around researching the WWW collections.
- How to select an archive to research in
- How to start archival research
- Starting: an example
- How to manage archival time
- How to map a collection
- How to record archival documents at volume
- How to analyse a document in detail
- How to review the archival process
- How to interpret documents I
- How to interpret documents II
- How to finish a project
- How to write about it
- Forthcoming: How to work with and not just ‘apply’ theory
Watch this space! Some more ‘How To…’ pages will appear occasionally and will be announced in the Lives and Letters mailings.
Last updated: 1 December 2016